The documents can be accessed on the following links:
1. Defra's overview.
2.The Consultation document
3. History of badger control (And for a Defra document, this is quite good. Not as good as ours, but good enough)
4. The scientific argument for Culling
5. Vaccination (We note that the paper does not inform that vaccination of badgers is an annual event.)
6. Veterinary Assessment of badger vaccination.
7. Veterinary Assessment of badger culling
8. Impact assessment
The Defra consulatation document contains the following gem:
"A decision on this policy will be made early in 2011, taking into accountAn admirable wish list, of which we suspect the latter may play a dominant part.
views provided during this consultation, the available scientific and
economic evidence, and the results of the spending review".
With grateful thanks to our Staffordshire contributer, for the bedtime reading links.